DCE is fully committed to protecting the health and safety of our players, families, staff and volunteers. We have put together some health and safety guidelines for our 2020-21 Youth Travel Season. Please read and review with your daughter.
At this time, all travel practices will be held at Greenheck Fieldhouse. Failure to follow the GFH and Girls Youth Travel Basketball protocols will result in our program’s removal from the practice schedule and loss of scheduling privileges.
Youth Travel Basketball Health & Safety Guidelines
- Anyone with signs or symptoms of illness must not enter Greenheck Fieldhouse or attend any games/ tournaments. This includes siblings of players that are ill and coaching staff. If your daughter cannot attend school due to illness, quarantine or exposure, and have been directed by school or a health department to stay home, your daughter is not allowed to attend practice or tournaments during the designated period of time. Missing practices due to quarantine, exposure and other precautions will not affect your child’s playing time.
- Face coverings/masks are required at all times for practice and tournaments/ games, including while playing basketball. Greenheck Field House will be complying with any state mandate, school district rule or health department recommendation currently in place. Please have your daughter bring at least 2+ masks along in case one falls off, isn’t fitting right, gets saturated, etc.
- Please have your daughter bring hand sanitizer in their gear bag to use before starting practice, during and after practice.
Greenheck Fieldhouse Practice Guidelines (To Be Updated At Any Time by GFH)
- A combination of 20 players and coaches will be allowed on each basketball court for practices at GFH.
- All activities will be non-contact. Drills and skills only, no games or scrimmages. Everyone must stay 6 feet away from others.
- No spectators allowed. Players should be dropped off ready to play and met by a coach upon entering the facility.
- Do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled practice time. You must leave within 5 minutes of the conclusion of your gym time. Do not linger or gather inside or outside of the building. Please be prompt picking up your player.
- Restrooms are open for use.
- Locker rooms will be unavailable.
- Everyone should bring their own filled water bottle from home. Drinking fountain is turned off but bottle filling station is available.
- Staff will be cleaning restrooms frequently as well as disinfecting high touch points throughout the facility.
- These protocols are subject to change, based on updated information. GFH may move into a phase 2 of restrictions later in the season for practices, and coaches will notify parents of any changes to practice protocols.
**Greenheck Fieldhouse Protocols were updated in December 2020 and full contact play is now allowed along with scrimmages. All other restrictions remain in place.
Concussion Waivers DUE ASAP
Please go to the GNBL website at https://www.gnbl.org/ and click on Waiver/Concussion Info at the top of the page. Complete the concussion waiver through this website. It will use your same Sports Engine login info you used to register for our program. Once you have completed your concussion waiver, please email your confirmation to your coach.